The weapon – known as Kinzhal, meaning dagger – destroyed an underground warehouse storing missiles and aircraft ammunition in the west of Ukraine, the Russian defence ministry says.
Russia says it has unleashed its latest hypersonic missile on Ukraine for the first time since its full-scale invasion.
The weapon – known as Kinzhal, meaning dagger – destroyed an underground warehouse storing missiles and aircraft ammunition in the west of Ukraine, a Russian defence ministry official said.
Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskyy has warned Russian forces are blockading his country’s largest cities in an attempt to wear the population into submission.
The UK Ministry of Defence said Vladimir Putin’s troops have been forced to change tactics due to the “ferocity of Ukrainian resistance” and Russia is now pursuing a “strategy of attrition”.
It is likely to involve the “indiscriminate use of firepower” and result in increased civilian casualties, the MoD added.
• Boris Johnson claims Mr Putin is in “a total panic” about a revolution in Moscow, which is why he is trying “so brutally to snuff out the flame of freedom in Ukraine”
• Fighting has reached the city centre in besieged Mariupol, while an estimated 1,300 people remain trapped under rubble following an airstrike on a theatre
• UK Foreign Secretary Liz Truss warns Russia could be using peace talks as a “smokescreen” to allow the Kremlin to regroup troops for a fresh offensive
• Attempts are being made today to evacuate people along 10 humanitarian corridors, including one from Mariupol, Ukraine says
• The Home Office says 8,600 visas have been granted under the family scheme for Ukrainians fleeing the war
• Three Russian cosmonauts arrived at the International Space Station wearing bright yellow and blue – the colours of the Ukrainian flag