Russian troops have laid siege to the Ukrainian port city as US and its allies continue to pressure Moscow to end war.
- Russia’s bombardment of Ukraine widens, with raids reported on east-central city of Dnipro and airfields in western Lutsk and Ivano-Frankivsk.
- Ukraine’s capital, Kyiv, braces for an all-out assault as Russian military convoy edges closer.
- Ukrainian officials say Russian shelling again prevented evacuations from Mariupol, where conditions are critical.
- US and its top allies are revoking Russia’s “most favoured nation” status amid pressure campaign on President Vladimir Putin to end the war.
- Ukrainian envoy to UN dismisses Moscow’s accusation that Kyiv is operating US-backed biological weapons laboratories as “insane delirium”.
Guatemala receives first arrivals of Ukrainians fleeing conflict
Guatemala has received its first arrivals of Ukrainian families fleeing their homeland since Russia’s invasion of its neighbor last month, authorities said.
The eight Ukrainians were the first to arrive in the Central American country “for humanitarian reasons,” an immigration spokesperson told Reuters news agency.
Another flight carrying 10 more Ukrainians is set to arrive later in the evening, officials said. It is unclear how many may have arrived privately to Guatemala since the Russian attacks on Ukraine began.