The 62-year-old was left with life-changing brain damage after the assault in Manchester city centre in June.
The family of a “loving and caring” Sikh priest left with life-changing brain injuries after an attack in Manchester city centre have appealed to the public for help in catching his attacker.
The 62-year-old was left unconscious in the middle of Tib Street after the assault on Thursday 23 June 2022, and he still remains in hospital.
The force has now released CCTV footage, along with pictures of a man and woman who they believe may be able to help with the investigation.
A statement from the victim’s family said the husband and father had lived in the city for 37 years and “worked long hours every day to help his children live the life he never got to”.
But they said he had been “left for dead on the bustling streets of Manchester, a route he has walked home every day, while people watched on”.
The family added that he had had his life “tragically altered forever when a thug cowardly committed this heinous act, leaving him in a pool of blood with catastrophic permanent life-changing brain damage and walked away as if it was normal behaviour”.
They said: “We appeal to anyone who knows anything or knows the offender to come forward – it is more than two months since the incident, and we are no closer to finding them and bringing them to justice for their actions.
“Our husband/father lives in a hospital bed with life-changing injuries, not knowing what the future holds.
“Please, please act today not out of hate but to stop this happening again to someone else and tearing another family apart, as we would not wish this anguish on anyone else”.
Greater Manchester Police were called to the scene by the North West Ambulance Service shortly before 6.30pm.
After reviewing CCTV, officers saw the victim had been assaulted by an unknown male close to the junction with Hilton Street.